Episode 12 - Egg Coffee




Episode 12! Egg Coffee!!?! Yes we made coffee with egg in it! Egg yolks to be specific. Chad was a pro at fishing them out of the rest of the egg gunk.

We used the coffee itself to cook the egg, which in hindsight may not have been enough. My stomach was twingy for a bit afterward. If I ever try it again I'll probably either

A. Start With hotter coffe.
or
B. Pre-cook the egg yolks.

I did read several blogs where people swore by egg yolks. Apparently they are packed nutrition and protein, and very popular with body builders. Could be something your body needs to get used to, like the ghee and MCT oil in bulletproof coffee.

What is the recipe for this crazy concoction you ask?

2 Eggs
2 Teaspoons of sweetened condensed milk 
8 cups of Coffee (in a standard size coffeemaker)

And it was AMAZING. Play with the amount of milk and egg and let us know what you think. The recipe traditionally calls for actual Vietnamese coffee, but we weren't able to get any in time so we went with the same Mocha Java beans we used in the previous episode. I enjoyed the eggy flavor of this odd coffee. It's something I might try again someday, if I can find a sugar free recipe, since I'm not big on sugar.

Next week we'll be trying out Israeli Cardamom coffee! Happy National Coffee Day, coffee drinkers! Savor your next cup!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Episode 44 - Madrina's Iced Coffee and Escargo Day

Episode 15 -Black Tea Coffee

Organic Pumpkin Pie Coffee and Evaluate Your Life Day! (Episode 61)