Episode 16 - Brazilian Sugar Coffee



Episode 16!! Hard to believe this episode marks our FOURTH month of testing coffees before the watchful eyes of the internet. To celebrate, we've got a new format! We'll be posting some thoughts from both Chad and myself here in the blog.

You'll also notice the videos are a little different. Now that Chad and I are in different states, most episodes will be splitscreen. One benefit is that we're making our coffees with slightly different ingredients, with slightly varying amounts, and at different altitudes, so really we'll be testing two different (if admittedly similar) coffees in each episode!

This time around we tried a sugary Brazilian drink called Cafezinho.

The recipe was just coffee and sugar. I recommend starting slow and blending in no more than a teaspoon's worth, maybe less. Mine was a little too sweet and I did maybe half a teaspoon, but I don't like sugar, so take that with a grain of salt (or sugar). We ground the sugar in with the beans, but you can also try dissolving the sugar in a saucepan, which is the traditional method.

Leuke's Thoughts: 

 

You know me, I don't care for sugar, and I don't think it has any place in coffee, but this brew was decent enough. This method could improve mediocre beans, but why would you buy those? If you've already got good coffee beans, there's no reason to add any sugar. This was a fun one to try, but I wouldn't revisit. 

Chad's Thoughts:

 

I like my coffee a little sweet sometimes and instead of getting an overwhelming sweetness, it kind of melted into the coffee.


Check back next time for Cafe Del Olla, a Mexican coffee with cinnamon and sugar!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Episode 44 - Madrina's Iced Coffee and Escargo Day

Episode 15 -Black Tea Coffee

Organic Pumpkin Pie Coffee and Evaluate Your Life Day! (Episode 61)